Re: RE: Cyclop-eeze

Mike wrote:
>>Bill...........and some of you other folks who are looking at us as though we are goofy....<<

Mike, that was before the C-eeze issue <VBG>!

I don't have a clue why the fry won't eat the stuff in your tanks.  I could see an adult fish balking at the stuff, but fry haven't be spoiled with live food yet.  I'v been too busy to breed anything, but I have been feeding it on occaision to my smaller killies, all o which cam from fishrooms that fed exclusively with live food. They go for it like it's going out of style.  And I've talked to cichlid breaders who have switched to it exclusively.  Bob Mathews, the current GCCA president, and his wife Laura haven't hatched BBS in over a year.  And they breed Africans and S.A.  They even have some wild Apistos in that they caught on their honeymoon (a match made in heaven).  But I don't know if they've breed them yet so I can't say if they F1 fry go for Cyclop-eeze.

I'll dig up him email address and send it to you privately if you want to discuss it with him in detail?

The only thing I can think off is that the fry may need a mechanical stimulus to trigger their brains into identifying it as food.  I imagine that they are genetically prorammed to recognize anything tha moves and is smaller than thir mouth as food.  Do you crumble the C-eeze up?  I don't.  I feed it in small clumps that naturally form from moisture.  This lets the food float on the surface a while longer and makes it easier for the fish o find it.

Or you might try feeding both C-eeze and BBS at the same time in order to condition them into thinking of C-eeze as a food source.

Just a thought.

Bill Vannerson
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/william_vannerson