Re: melafix

Melafix contains Tea Tree extract not Tea Tree Oil.  The oil is not miscible
with water but Melafix is.  So whatever it does contain, it's certainly not
the oil of this plant.  Also, Melafix is, if anything, a tonic.  It's not
something that can replace antibiotics.

In a clean, balanced, healthy aquarium, fish that have injured themselves
will heal with no problems.  Melafix seems more to be geared towards
situations where the conditions are not ideal.  I've tried it experimentally
and the only change I've noticed is that live plants benefit from it and
female apistos turn very yellow.

Gabriella Kadar