WARNING newbie type questions

Ok, if you are still reading, then I assume I won't earn a flame here. :-)

I finally got some apistos that look like they will survive (they look awesome!).
I purchased a pair of very very nice looking cacatouides at the fish club auction.
THe female is small at about .75 inches or so and the male is nearly double
her size. The female has triple red and I guess the male does too, though it
is just two big spots on the anal fin. They both eat everything I've dropped
in (no live so far) and the male does a lot of displaying to the female and
some gentle chasing (he doesn't hit her). They have settled in now and the female
stays hidden almost always. They are in a 10 gallon tank with some plants and
two good size pieces of bogwood that give them a few caves to choose from. I
have two questions, how big a problem are snails as far as possible eggs go?
And is it safe to add some other fish in a tank this size? The male is great
to watch, but I would like to add something like some small killies or dwarf
coryadoras. I got the fish from Judy Daniels and I have to give her big congrats
an having great fish.

Thanks,
Scott