Re: Opal borelli,

Kathy,

As much as I respect Uwe this is not true, except in domestic forms of A.
agassizii that have been interbred with many many populations of A. agassizii. In
truth, isolated populations of aggies breed true. Some of these populations may
actually be semispecies (or sibling species) of one superspecies. This is another
reason not to cross different populations of A. agassizii unless you are trying
to develop a specific color strain.

Mike Wise