Re: melafix

It's available at Petsmart, marketed by Aquarium Pharmaceuticals. $3.98.
There is also a big bottle for ponds. $12.98 (US).  I bought some yesterday
just for giiggles, then stopped by PetCo.  They had some nice baby angels
with chewed up fins, so I took four of them home.  I dropped them into an
empty, bare ten-gallon tank, and dosed with Melafix.  So far, so good.

As a side line, there is a firm in Idaho Falls named Melaleuca that sells
everything from make-up to household cleansers, all of it supposedly made
from the melaleuca tree.  It's MLM, so you have to find a distributor if you
want to try it.

Bob Dixon