Re: oh another question

Hello Raymond

I'm Big John, lol.   Well I'll bite on this topic as i do it quite
often.

I will sometimes move fry to another tank, but alot of times to keep
from losing some sensitive I'll move the adults and leave the fry in
their original tank.

Having such nice soft water out of my tap gives me the opportunity to
just set up another tank for the adult breeders to go into.  Only thing
i do when moving adults is to make sure that the pH of the new tank is
fairly close to their previous breeding tank.   Temperature for me isnt
a concern as the room is heated, not using any individual heaters.
This time of year, every tank is pretty much about mid to upper 70's
sometimes going into lower 80's for upper level tanks due to warm
weather outside ( no heat needed now finally, warm enough outside).   I
have never had any problems moving adults to a new tank.   Many times
moving the adults will trigger them to spawn again.   Case here being my
pair of Aggie Alenquers who spawned 3 weeks ago and gave me a huge 70+
batch of fry.   So instead of moving the fry, i left them where they
were and moved the adults to a new tank.   They spawned a week ago
giving me another 70+ batch of fry.   Guess i'll have all the alenquers
i'll need pretty soon.

But getting back to the point, moving fry isnt always the best thing to
do, sometimes just moving the adults is what i do.   Of course im not
moving the pair again for several months, dont have enough tanks to
house all those fry.

John