Re: Will Plecos eat apisto eggs?

Hello All
I dont keep any plecos in my apisto tanks, but i do have to admit that
recently i added several ottos to my tank that my Apisto Piauensis were
in.   I didnt think that the pair would spawn in the tank with the ottos
in there, but they proved me wrong.   The tank had built up a good layer
of algae on the side walls and back wall.  My intensions were to put the
ottos in there to clean up the tank and then remove them so the fish
could spawn again.   Well the Piauensis spawned again and now have about
30+ wigglers inside the flower pot.   The ottos never go anywhere near
the opening to the flower pot. I used a terra cotta pot cut in half and
place such that the open end faces towards the front of the tank such
that i can see into it.    So i dont know if plecos would bother apisto
eggs or fry, but these ottos dont even seem interested in going near the
cave opening.   I also have kept plecos in with Kribs and had no
problems getting the Kribs to raise fry in that tank successfully
without the plecos picking off any eggs or fry.   So I kind of think
keeping some type of work horse catfish in with my pairs might not be
too bad.   I'm gonna try this with some young bushy nose ancistrus i
have and see what takes place.

John