Re: Opal borellii... or false fish

Colin writes:

<snip>> So why seeking for catei or resticulosa females to cross with
blue-head
>  males of uncertain origin ?

Because when the search started, we didn't know what the fish was, only that
it was an attractive thing.

>  A catei, A resticulosa and true A borellii are not worth the breeding
>  interest ?

Sure they are.  I have a spawn of true A borellii wriggling on the bottom of
a cave right now.

>  There's is no personnal arttack in this post, as I'm not an Apisto
>  breeder, and that i'm still wondering how can i know if my Pv taeniatus
>  "moliwe" strain is really a "moliwe" strain ;-).

I don't know the answer th that either.  Educating oneself to know what the
fish is supposed to look like is the best you can do.  That's what I was
doing through this thread on this list.  I was educating myself about what
this fish was.  If it IS A. caetei, I would like to work with it.  If itis a
cross between different A'caetei  populations, is that a problem?  I don't
think so, it is still A caetei.  If, on the other hand, it is a cross between
caetei and resticulosa, then no, I don't want it.

>  A page in the krib about opal, borellii and false blue head with what is
>  true and what's not sure should be usefull i think.

Erik can't possibly out up infor mation like that on every fish in every tank
in les Etats
Unis, let alone the world.  A certain amount is up to us.

Bob Dixon