Pelvicachromis subocellatus

Hello!
I have been assured that it is OK to talk about West Africans here, so here
goes.
My first set of questions deals with the identification of Pelvicachromis
subocellatus.

Referring to the photos in the Linke and Staeck book; "Cichlids from West
Africa", I find ONE picture of  MALE  P. subocellatus photos on page 142.
There are also the photos on pages 150 and 151 of Pelvicachromis sp. aff.
subocellatus; "A species which is often mistaken for P. subocellatus..."

1) Should my males resemble one of these photos and/or are all three forms
currently "In the Hobby"?

Similarly, there are FEMALE pictures on page 144 of full dress cf. MATADI
and MOLIWE and the "smaller growing variety" of the Pelvicachromis sp. aff.
subocellatus on page 151.

2) Likewise; should I be able to identify my females as one of these three?

I am not suggesting that any fish in my tanks are wild caught, as I can not
know for certain (although one set could be).  I can claim that at lease one
set is definitely NOT wild.  I also know that there are no certainties, even
if a fish is a mirror image of a photo. I also realize that no true
identification is reliable until maturity....I think.

3) Can I confidently prepare to raise and breed these fish and CLAIM their
identity based on photographic likeness?  I am warned off of this by a
fellow subscriber to this list who reminds me that, "Color means nothing".
(See TW, I was listening!).

4) Is there a predominant species currently 'In the Hobby" that any or all
of my fish are likely to be with various color and size discrepancies
explained by inbreeding and poor lineage?

That is enough for now.
Thank-you in advance for your thoughtful consideration.

Kevin Korotev
Milwaukee, Wisconsin