From: owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com
[mailto:owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com]On Behalf Of Stuart Hall
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2000 4:21 PM
To: apisto@majordomo.pobox.com
Subject: Tank photography

Hey, all these postings pointing to various pictures all over the internet
reminds
me of a question I want to ask.

What set-up do folks (like R. Wong!) use to photograph their fish?  The only
thing
I've done is use medium- to fast-speed film (ASA 800-1000) to overcome the
lighting problems.  I'm unsatisfied with the f-stops I've been forced to
use,
though, since the apertures are so wide the depth of focus is VERY short.
I've
had good luck taking good pics of my Rift Lake fish, but I've not yet found
the
right combination to photograph dwarves in blackwater tanks.

Any suggestions (film speed, brand; lens type; apertures . . . etc.) would
be
greatly appreciated.

Stuart

Archives"!