Re: looking for some fish

In a message dated 7/5/00 3:58:17 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
colingorton@wanadoo.es writes:

> It would appear that, everybody is so busy saying how happy they are
>  with this or that exchange forum/site that they've all forgotten to give
>  the address of the site they're talking about.
>  _Please_ give address details as there are many people out there who
>  don't know how to get to the sites already mentioned: Cichlid
>  trader/Yahoo cichlid exchange etc.

Shame on me, being the list admimistrator for the cichlid trader, I should
have included the proper sig line , which has the URL you should go to built
into it.  :-)

The Yahoo cichlid trader list is a little more complicated.  First you go to
www.yahoo.com.  Be aware that somewhere in the first page or two they will
ask you to establish a member name and password, which will let you into as
many of the clubs as you want to join.  Near the top of the front page there
is like three or four lines of links, including one for <clubs>.  Click that.
 Then under <Family and Home> you will see one for <pets>.  Click that one.
Then you get a list  of general pet categories, which even includes sea
monkeys.  Honest!  No joke, sea monkeys.  There are like twelve or so clubs
specializing in these little crustaceans that I would rather feed to my fish.
 Go figure.

Well, anyway, click on <fish>.  There you will find a much shorter list of
sub-categories.  Take the path labeled <species>, then chose <cichlid>, then
scroll down to <cichlid central trading post>, where it will tell you you are
not a member, but at least you can see all that is going on.  Join the club.

Once you get there, you can bookmark that page, and it will ask you to sign
in as you go there.  You can elect to receive emails on all their postings,
or browse them when you are in the <clubhouse>.  There are specialty groups
on these lists for almost anything you can imagine.  If you are looking for
information on a specific specices and there isn't one there for say,
elephant noses, then start your own club and wait for someone to join.  You
can join as many as you want and participate to your heart's content.

Bob Dixon
Cichlid Trader List Administrator
http://cichlidtrader.listbot.com