Re: ACA

Wow George
I just got home from the ACA myself, after unloading the car, 5 styros
full of GOOD fish, I'm happy as a pig in a pile of mud.   I guess
everyone wants different stuff.   I keep both new and old world
cichlids, so i had no problem, buying and trading enough fish that i
didnt even stay for the auction, no more space in the 5 boxes i came
home with.   Now i'm assuming you keep apistos, how could you say no
good fish, i saw breitbinden, aggies double reds, Macmasteri double
reds, viejita ll, hongsloi ll, borelli, ELIZABETHAE, puerto narino,
Cacatuoides, Nanacara taenia, Nanacara anomola,( nice colors too), Pel
Taeniatus (several morph) Pel Humilus, N. Transvestitus, Thysochromis
Ansorgii ( not a real dwarf, but what the heck), umm some really rare
nanachromis species.   Now that doesnt even talk about ALL the other
stuff that was there.

Now lets talk about speakers, Juan Miguel, holy cow!!!!   Don Danko's
talk was very good, Wayne Leibels talk on Pikes ( dwarf species too) was
truly outstanding, I enjoyed Jeff Cardwells talk, Kathy and Erics video
was great!  Pauls Loseilles talk was over my head, Didnt see Steve
Lundblad or Steve Rybickis talk ( gathering up my hoardes of fish, or
drinking too much, cant remember which)   I never attend the banquets,
call me cheap but 35 or 40 bucks for chicken or roast beef, not me!!!
So that meant i didnt see Ad talk either, but still he does an
outstanding presentation.   And of course, either out of stupidity or
too many pitchers of free beer, i missed the slide presentation MIke
did.

Now i had a great time at the convention, i was able to put faces to
Mike Jacobs, Mike Wise, Kevin Plazak, Charles Ray, and lots of other
people i have read messages from or articles by over the years.   I was
thrilled to meet Sally Boggs, ive enjoyed her articles for years.   The
convention was also great to see old friends, Don Kinyon, Julio, Zman
and many others.

So i guess I also think people should make the effort to go to New
Jersey next year for the convention, but for keeping misery company but
for having fun, just dont drink any of them blue things Mike Schadle was
passing out, makes you act funny!!!!

Well i had a great time, hope everyone else who went did too, I have
made my hotel room reservations for next year already!!!!!

See you all there!!!   Cleveland Rocked in 2000

Big John

Time to finish putting away my fish :)