Re: ACA

CaptnPATSG3F@aol.com wrote:

> wow quiet list hummm where is everyone? well now that everyone is gone how
> about we talk about something really cool and not tell them about it what da
> y'all say?
>
> Capt'n PATS

Looks like you didn't come up with much to talk about, but don't worry -  for
those of you who are in the same boat I was for the last three years and couldn't
make the convention -  I just got home  -  and it stunk.  No fish, no good
speakers, and a really terrible banquet.  Now those of you who did go, try not to
start lying to this people about how great it was.  You'll just make them feel
bad for no reason.

Misery loves company so that's the real reason I urge anyone who has never
attended an ACA convention to try to find a way.  It is a special brand of
?misery? that you will never forget.

One reason I am home so early is that I looked in on the auction (it will easily
run into the wee hours of Monday morning), dropped off my sale items, and
realized I didn't even have tank space for what I had already bought.  There was
an ocean of plastic bags and many late night revelers had not even brought their
sale items down yet at 11:00 AM.  Do Cichlid folks party?  Can you imagine that
at 11:30 PM tonight somebody will probably be picking up a pair of double-red
Agassizii for 2 bucks - don't laugh, it happens and there must be a dozen pair in
the auction..

Anyway, Without you folks who couldn't come it was no fun, aim for Jersey.

Just George