Re: ACA & A. sp. "Rio Malome"

Jota Melgar wrote:

> Well, I have finally gotten some real food and much needed sleep.
>
> Two things were clear after the convention. First, we can not allow Mike
> Wise to associate with Ingo Koslowski if we'd like to fool ouserlves into
> believing that we understand Apistogramma taxonomy and evolution.

Ouch! Julio, that's cruel & unusual punishment.
But then, discussing these topics
with Ingo can be cruel & unusual, too.

> And for the same reasons, all imports of Apistos are banned from this point on
> until further notice.

Frequently I'm all for this. BTW, Julio, what was
that lyretailed nijsseni fish
we saw?  You will have to find that fish when you
go to Peru. Sigh, so much for
banning new apistos.

It was truly a joy meeting and talking to old
friends and new acquaintances. It
was worth the marathon overnight drives to and
from Cleveland & Denver - 23 hours
non-stop!

After looking at the fish called A. sp. "Malone
(sic)" in the bowl show, I am more certain than
ever that A. sp. Malome is the same as A. cf.
resticulosa Mamoré Blue. I can't be absolutely
positive, seeing only one fish in a bare tank with
a lot of strangers staring at it, but that's my
guess. The red upper and lower tail edges are a
surprise.

Mike Wise