Re: Apistos and corys in community tank?

Kristo writes:

> Hello all! I have a 140 liter community tank with pair of A. panduro, 10
>  black neon tetras and 1 Ancistrus sp. I'd like to have some corys in my
>  tank. Is mixing apistos and corys a good idea? I have heard that C.
>  pygmaeus would be suitable tankmate for apistos. How about other tiny
>  corys like C. habrosus or hastatus? Do smaller corys generally get along
>  better with apistos?

I have kept many species of cories in community tanks with apistos.  Dispite
the fact that they both hug the bottom of the tank, I have never seen any
problems.  I currently have C. aenaus, C. panda, and C. sp. "neon orange
stripe" in a 55 gallon with A. cacatuoides and A. aggasizii.  Everybody is
happy.

Bob Dixon