Re: Apistos and corys in community tank?

I too have kept a community tank with apistos and
corys.  I was not trying to breed anything so there
were no problems there.  However, one thing to keep in
mind is that A. panduro and A. nijsseni are "meaner"
than most apistos.

I kept a pair a A. nijsseni and some corys in a 45
gallon tank.  The nijsseni, especially the female,
hated the the corys.  If she could see one, she would
attack it ruthlessly.  The male would sort of half
heartedly chase the corys.

I think there are some articles on the Krib about
other people having similar experiences with A.
nijsseni.  Since A. nijsseni and A. panduro are close,
the panduro may behave the same way toward the corys.

For what it is worth.

Paul Evans