Re: erythromycin and fry - treating blue green algae

Hi Susan

I had a tank that was badly plagued with blue green algae for a long
time and I couldnt get rid of it at all.

Eventually I got it to die off by dropping the pH to 6.0 and loading the
tank with tannins (heaps of peat in a stocking) after 3 -4 days the
algae started to die off, which I then siphoned out on a regular
basis.   I was told by a LFS owner that bg algae cant cope with tannic
acid.

IMO this is better than treating with antibiotics, but I guess you need
to decide which the fry would handle better.

Steph