Re: RO Units

George.....It is not that I like or dislike the 10-20 gallons a day
units..........they work just fine, it is just that the 9-12-15 people I
have talked into getting an RO unit for the soft water have been sorry they
got the smaller units because they end up needing more of the soft water
than the units can put out.  I know you can store the water and such but
most of my friends would rather used the storage room for tanks and be able
to replenish a 55 gallon soft water storage unit overnight so they can
change water on 15-30 tanks in a weekend .  With a 10-20 gallons a day unit
you end up waiting quite a bit of time on most weekend when you could be
changing water.  That's the only reason...............it's like spending
only a few dollars on a printer when for a little more you could get a great
printer.  Most people I know with computers want a better printer or more
memory...............they end up doing both and therefore should have really
considered it in the first place.  I realize you can take that argument to
infinity but the break between 10-20 gallons and 80-100 in the beginning
isn't as big as it seems.

when people start keeping soft water fish in soft water they find a whole
new world is open to then and they really eat it up an go wild with the soft
water.............that's good.........what's bad is they can only get 10
gallons a day.

Have a good day folks...........

Mike

Mike Jacobs