Re: First food for fry

Here's another source for fry food I tried this week-

Find a pond with some hair algae along the shore.  Swirl a finger in the
algae and it should twist up like cotton candy.  Squeeze the mass of algae in
a bucket of aged tap water or old aquarium water, swishing it around a
little.  The resultant critters in your bucket can be introduced successfully
for killies and cichlids.  I would try it with gouramies if I had any, just
to find out.  Ananbantoids are definitely amongst the smallest fry I have
ever had to feed, and I gave up a long time ago at trying to get them  to
survive.

Bob Dixon