RE: Nannochromis

 They do not use it (pool) much now, it mostly stays empty under the sun;
but yes, as I see a storm cloud coming I remove water if there was any, and
wait for rain. Teaches you not to rely on weather channel ;-)...

I made a partial water change with aged rain water, added some boiled peat
extract and added new peat in the filter. My pH strips do not go lower than
5.0, and it seems it stays around there or a bit lower. I also put in heater
and temperature now is stable 80*F (before it fluctuated with room
temperature, at this time of the year 76-80*F). Both females (I have 2
pairs) are heavy with eggs, so I expect to see the results soon.

Thanks everyone for comments.

Lilia

Are you using the rainwater collected in the kiddie pool after the kids
have
been in it?

Best regards,
Francine

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000 11:32:16 -0500, apisto@listbox.com wrote:

>  	Hi all,
>  	I have a question about spawning of Nanochromis transvestitus.
>  Recently I moved my tanks from Houston there they were breeding
successfully
>  in pure RO water with peat.
>  	Now I am in Memphis, tn and the same fish are in pure rain water
>  with peat. I did not check hardness, but it supposed to be almost
>  non-existent with rain water, isn't it? Ph is 5.5, same as previously
in
>  Houston. But now eggs do not hatch at all. The fish are in the same
tank
>  with the same layout - plants, filtration, caves, bare bottom. They
lay
eggs
>  regularly, but no fry so far for a pretty long time.
>
>  	Can anyone recommend a remedy?
>
>  	Lilia

Archives"!

Archives"!