Re: A. elizabethae

Since no one has answered this, I'll put in my thoughts. Most fish inhabiting the
Rio Negro are seasonal breeders. This is probably due to the lack of food in the
tributaries, especially during the "dry season", along with very few breeding
sites at this time. Once the "wet season" starts much of the forests surrounding
the channels are flooded, releasing additional nutrients into the water and
increasing the area of shallow water used by small fish as hatcheries. In this
respect A. elizabethae is a seasonal breeder. But given the right conditions and
food, it will breed in our tanks at any time of the year.

Mike Wise