Re: Apisto sp. "Cara Pintada"

Randy,

Your male shows the characteristic angled patches on the flanks that give it the
German common name Winkelfleck. Photos of it are found in the Aqualog SACII
supplement 3 as "A. sp. Oroja", Mayland & Bork (p. 57, bottom) as "A. cruzi, wild
male, beige variant", and Römer's Atlas (p. 356, bottom; p. 357; p. 366, bottom)
as. "A. cruzi", & the PISCES book (Yamazaki) (p.96 bottom) as "A. cruzi" & (p. 122,
top) as "A. sp.".

Mike Wise