Re: Apisto sp. "Cara Pintada"

Julio,

Does this mean that the Panduro brothers are shipping 2 fish under the same name?
Or did they give Koslowski the wrong collecting data? Koslowski's Masken/Masked
Apisto is a very different fish from the Winkelfleck Apisto. Photos of A. sp.
Masken can be found in Koslowski (p. 63, a juvenile) as "A. sp. Peru", Aqualog
SACII (p. 62, bottom left) as "A. sp. Peru", & possibly in Linke & Staeck (p.
113) as "A. regani". This fish is definitely more closely related to A. regani
while the Winkelfleck Apisto pictured on Randy's web page is (until Koslowski's
new book comes out) an eunotus-complex species.

Mike Wise