native names (was cara pintada)

>is bujurque a native (indian) name or spanish?

Definitely not Spanish. Now, I have no idea what native language it is,
especially considering the number of tribes (Iquitos, Ucayalis, Huitotos,
Omaguas, etc.) that inhabited the Peruvian jungle. Today that name is used
throughout eastern Peru.

>and why do they call cichlids "viejas" (old women) in spanish?

No idea. The name is used mostly in Mexico and perhaps some Central
American countries. I've never heard it used in South America.

>now, julio, do you know what piaba means?

Ornamental fish?

Julio