RE: cucarachas

Dominic,
Most commercial pesticides (and most pesticides, period) are full of
things that will leave a residue on everything with which they come
into contact (all the better to kill the beasties, I suppose).  In
addition to covering your tanks as tightly as you possibly can until
any airborne pesticide settles, cover ALL accessories that may come
into contact with your tank water later: siphons, buckets, nets, etc.
 Otherwise you may find yourself accidentally introducing the
pesticide as you do routine maintenance.  I would also be conscious
of what you touch before putting your hands into your tanks for a
while after the spraying takes place--insecticides (for reasons that
I cannot currently remember, help me out resident chemists) are
particularly toxic to fish.

Good Luck,

Sarah LeGates

Archives"!