Re: tank ideas

m.gallade@jdneuhaus.com writes:

>  no flames please- some Discus(at 82 Deg.F) instead of Angels?

I would always go with Discus rather than Angels in a tank containing Neons
or other small tetras - some people say Angels don't eat neons, my Angels
(even quite small ones) have.  My last pair of Angels used to eat Rummynose
tetras.

If you have a densley planted tank you will need a plant-friendly algae
cleanup squad - Ancistrus spp and Otocinclus are good.  A shoal of >10
Otocinclus would look nice too - I have a shoal of 6 and the shoal really
closely and are always active.

Whichever tetras you decide to go with pick only two spp. and get large
shoals >20.  I think Cardinals and Glowlights make a nice combination with
Dwarf cichlids although if your intention is to save cichlid fry and keep
them with the parents I think pencilfish are the only safe characin dithers.

Just to add to your list I have Epiplatys annulatus (Rocket Panchax) and
Trichopsis pygmaeus/vitattus (Pygmy Croaking Gouramis) as Dithers with
'cacutoides and they are great and don't eat fry!

Alan W