Hydra in Borelli tank?

  Hmmm...It appears that I have what look to be hydra in my 15g A. borelli
tank.  These guys are small, less than a quarter inch.  Good, bad, or
indifferent? I don't know how they could have came in, but the tank has been
set up for about 6 months and I just noticed them today.  I thought they
might have been hair algae until I saw a couple attached to a snail. And
upon close observation, I noticed them moving back and forth in an area
without much current.  They all appear to be located near the top of the
tank, close to the water line.  Currently searching, without any luck, for
info online.

Thanks in advance,
Ken