FW: Tapwater pH in Baltimore

Bob,Chuck,
Thank you for your help.Very much appreciated.
I have a 32g water reservoir for water changes.I run a powerhead with a
attached peat filled quickfilter constantly.I measured that pH this morning
at 8.1, way to high.I used to get the pH down to 7.0 with the peat
filtration.
I talked to the water supplier this morning.They told me that they shoot for
a pH of 7.6 to 8.2 the pH is adjusted with lime.It used to be 7.4 pH without
any changes for years.
I'll be getting a year old water analysis, too.
This screws me up quite a bit.
I'll guess my next big investment will be a Ro unit.
Max