Re: Crenicichla

Hello Vern
Look for vertical stripes in the caudal anal and dorsal fins, if the
fish has it, its a male, if not its a female!   Sort of same what you
sex Nanochromis Transvestitus.   I had a pair once several years ago and
wasnt very successful with them.

I do remember them being very very aggressive, so i would give them a
large tank with lots and lots of hiding spaces.   I think i tried to
keep them in too small a tank.   I was trying a 20 long and my female
got beat on badly very often.

I hope you have more success then i did, they are really a very
beautiful fish.   Some day i'm gonna try them again.

John