Plant Filter

In the list "Aquariomagia" (in Portuguese) someone asked for means to reduce
nitrogenated compounds in tanks, than I remembered of an article in Aquarium
Fish Magazine (Lee Newman, June-1997, 9(6), pp. 34-43) on a filter system
based on terrestrial plants (in the case "Brazilian swords" - Spathiphyllum
sp.). I tried this system with a breeding tank of Oscars, with good results.

Someone else knows this system and/or have tried anything like this? or have
any comments?

Zeco
http://sites.netscape.net/zecocarvalho/