RE: Sterilizing tank

>> The method I used to lower my GH was I did a 10 gallon water change
(about
>>  35%) with RO water every other day until I got it where it is now.
>
>Is the GH and KH going back up over time?

Yes.

I am going to test my rocks and gravel tomorrow to see if they are causing
the buffering. I am concerned about using muriatic acid, since if I test a
specific rock and find it is not the problem I would like to put it back in
the tank. And I am worried that I won't be able to rinse all of the acid
off. Would vinegar be safer? Will it even work? Thanks!

Eric