Re: Sterilizing tank

I doubt that regular vinegar will be strong enough to react with carbonates
unless some of the rock is ground to powder. You will only need a few drops of
the stronger acids put on a tiny area of the rock to check for carbonates, not
enough to really damage it. If you put the rock in a bucket of water over night
the small amount of concentrated acid will be diluted to nil.

Mike Wise