Re: Apisto book

Pete,

Actually, this is not a new book, unless it is now published in a second edition.
The complete title is "Erfolg mit Zwergcichliden" (Success with Dwarf Cichlids).
It was published in Germany in 1994, but is actually an expanded version of an
earlier magazine supplement from Aqua-Magazine (Tokyo) by Matsuzaka, et al. It
has some beautiful photograph, but will not replace books presently published in
English. If you like these photos, try getting a copy of the Yamazaki, et al.
(1997) Tropical Fish Collection 6: South American Dwarf Cichlid (IBSN:
4-938780-24-0; ¥2719). Photos in this book are superb with many species pictured
in it that are just now entering the European & North American hobby. In Japan it
is called the "Pisces book" because it is published by Pisces Publishers Co. Ltd.
With all the books and articles coming out of Japan, it looks like I may have to
learn Japanese!

Mike Wise