filter for breeding

Hello,
	I am going to set up a 29 gallon tank for breeding. What type of filter
should I use? I was looking around the Krib archives but I think I just got
more confused. From what I got out of it it seems like either a canister
filter, or a sponge filter is best to use because then the fry won't get
sucked in. Someone said that they liked the sponge filter better because
then the fry can pick at it. But I think they had a 10 gallon, and I am
concerned that a sponge filter won't be enough for a 29. Thanks!

Eric