CO2

i've been doing extensive research on building a DIY CO2 system for my
planted apisto tank.  i've read all the risks and what not involved in doing
this but i have just one last concern that most of the sources i have read
have not mentioned much.  will added CO2 cause severe algae blooms?

as of now, the ten gallon tank i plan on testing this method on does not
have many plants, just a few e. tenellus, some h. micranthemoides, a large
clump of riccia, some salvinia, and java ferns.  i'm pretty sure their
comparatively skimpy numbers (as opposed to my forty gallon tank that
flourishes without CO2, though it could probably be better)and might not be
able to comletely compete with the algae.

http://profiles.msn.com.