Re: Cacatuoides coloration

Bob,

Without knowing the age & size of your cockatoo it's hard to say which sex it is.
My female orange form of cacatuoides has a lyretail and slightly extended dorsal
fin lappets. I got her last year at 1.5"/3.5 cm long and I wasn't totally sure
she was female until she produced fry. The abdominal bands are found on both
sexes, and young males can still have some dark pigment on the pelvic fins.
Hopefully this is a super spectacular female that produces similar offspring.

Mike Wise