Re: A. borellii descriptions

Jamie,

At ½" (12 mm) A. borellii can be difficult to sex. Definitely stay away from
brightly colored faces and bodies. First look at the larger specimens. Pick those
that have no color and a lowest dorsal fin. These will probably be females. If
all the larger fish seem to be males, look at the smaller ones and pick out those
that seem less aggressive. There is a better chance of getting females. Get as
many as you can afford, at least 4-6. This will increase your odds of getting a
female. Any extra males or females can be sold as single males or pairs once they
grow up. If this fails you will have to buy/trade with someone who breeds these
fish and has positive females.

Mike Wise