Apistogramma Spawning Difficulties

I've had difficulty breeding both Apistogramma iniridaae and A. bitaeniata.
I have trios of both species---I've had all three together, I've introduced
one female at a time, I've lowered both pH and TDS of the water thinking
that these factors might be the problem....but no luck. Both species are
kept in well planted 15G tanks where I've had no trouble spawning several
other Apistogrammas. Can anyone clue me in on what I might be doing wrong or
what I might try? Thanks to the list in advance.
--Doug Cushing