Re: Your opinion

On 8 Nov 2000,, Frauley Elson wrote:

> As an aside, I just had my third 33 gallon tank lose its silicone seal
> and empty this year. It had never happened to me before, in 34 years
> of fish-keeping, and now three eight/nine year old tanks have popped
> since June. Today's victim was sp. Sao gabriel lyretail, a beautiful
> apisto. What is this world coming to? -Gary

The world is coming to one where warning lables are supposed to
be put on by the consumer.
Do not trus the seal of a 20 gallon or less tank after 10 yrs. Do not
trust he seal of a 30 gallon or more tank after 10 minutes. Make
sure the tanks are fitting with top and bottom braces (thick pieces
of glass silicones along the top and bottom inside corners) and
reseal them after 5 yrs. Then hope for the best.

It's time my 50 gallon got a service. I don't think the carpet would
like the 50 gallon shower...

My condoences for the loss of the fish.:-(

Tyrone Genade
http://www.geocities.com/tyronegenade/intro.html

Department Biochemistry        Molecular Cell Physiology Lab
University of Stellenbosch              Ph: +27-021-808-5880
Republic of South Africa               fax: +27-021-808-5863