Re: raising pH

Hi, your water's hardness is probably the key to your problem.  The harder
the water the more its buffering capacity causing the ph to bounce back
after a short while.  I could only solve this problem with a deionizer.  An
r/o unit would work too.  What I do is run the tap water through the
deionizer.  This gives me water free of things like calcium.  Then I add
Kent R/O right to get enough electrolytes back in, then I add a little acid
buffer to lower the ph.  Doing it this way my ph doesn't jump right back.
Its a lot of work for someone that has perfect water for Africans!  I know I
must have the apisto sickness mentioned in other emails. :)

Dave