Haphazard comments

Hi!

I just had several unrelated subjects I wanted to mention...

Mike Wise wrote:
"Ouch! That hurts. A. sp. São Gabriel Lyretail has just been reported to
be a cleaner fish
like some marine shrimps and blennies. I would love to see them in
action. Koslowski now
calls them A. sp. Putzer (Cleaner)."

I haven't heard about A. sp. São Gabriel Lyretail being a cleaner, but I
have heard that Serrasalmus nattereri (red-belly piranha) is said to act
as a "cleaner fish" to bigger piranha species, and Etroplus maculatus
(Orange Chromide, one of the three Asian cichlid species) is also
supposed to clean larger fish, so perhaps A. sp. São Gabriel Lyretail
does too.

Also, George and Carol Richter wrote:
"Recommendation - get an RO unit, only get it cheap if you are just
experimenting.  Should not cost you more than 80 bucks unless you want
one of the
big guys.  If you show signs of Apisto sickness, an RO unit is probably
in your
future in any case. "

You can get an RO unit for $80!?! Do you know where I would shop for
these things?

Finally, can anyone give me an idea how long I should soak driftwood? I
don't mind the yellow color it leaches into the water (I think it looks
kinda nice!) but I'm afraid that it will block out some of the light from
my low-growing plants (I don't have enough light on my tank as it is).
Any thoughts?

Thanks!

William Tracy