Re: Surinam Apistos

Kevin,

The only apistos reported from Surinam are A. steindachneri & A. ortmanni. A.
ortmanni is a species very similar to A. regani and has very little blue on the
face. A. steindachneri has some blue on the cheeks and males show a reddish
orange edge on the dorsal fin as well as orange upper & lower caudal fin
extensions. From the little you mention here my guess is steindachneri.

Mike Wise