Re: Surinam Apistos

Mike Wise,
Thank you for your opinion.  I followed it up with a search for a picture of
Apistogramma steindachneri (which you suggested may be the identity of my
Surinam Apistos) and am baffled. I looked at:
Linke and Staeck's AMERICAN CICHLIDS I - DWARF CICHLIDS. Page 144.
and
the BAENSCH ATLAS, volume 1, page 678.

Can these two pictures possibly be of the same species?
Which is correct?
My wild Surinam Apistos COULD be the steindachneri shown in Baensch.

Kevin Korotev
Milwaukee, WI, USA