Re: baby A. eunotus - HELP!

In a message dated 11/14/00 11:52:50 PM Mountain Standard Time,
acwatty@hotmail.com writes:

> Since it's too late now, what should I feed them as they deplete their yolk
>  sacs? And are there any other needs that I should consider going forward.

Don't feed them anything as they deplete their yolks sacs.  Once they are
truly free-swimming, freshly hatched baby brine shrimp is best.  After four
days they are open to unhatched decapsulted brine shrimp.  Water quality is
critical, and frequent water changes are mandatory.

You will need to get them a tank of their own.  The hatchery container won't
hold that many fish for more than a couple days.

As for whether you should have pulled thhe fry, that's up to you.  It slows
their growth during the first month.  On the other hand, if they got eaten,
then the male dies, you can't get any more fry.  You've preserved the line
for at least one more generation.  Not so bad.

Bob Dixon