Re:

Thank you Mike. I have the paper by Romer and Beisenherz. Their pH
extremes 4.5 and 6.5 are still quite acidic. In those extremes, they also
only used very few clutches, which was statisitically meaningless, since
n= # of brood. Romer and Beisenherz apparently relied on work by Rubin to
say that pH has an effect. Upon reading Rubin's paper, he only used
one clutch per condition, at only two pH values. Basically, Romer and
Beisenherz showed an effect of temperature, Rubin showed a very likely
difference by pH. However, Romer and Beisenherz failed to show a
relationship between pH and sex ratio because 1) no replicates 2) acidic
pH used only. Rubin failed to show a relationship between pH and sex
ratio because 1) he only used one brood per condition 2) only two
conditions were used (intermediate values are needed to show a trend). 3)
no replicates. These papers are useful, and that they probably are right,
but they failed to show any results with scientific certainty. Therefore,
it is worthwhile to re-investigate their work, to build on what they have
done.

Romer and Beisenherz recommended 180 days (6 months), I have three months.
I hope you are right Mike. Otherwise, I just might go with Greg's
suggestion. Thanks Greg!!! This means that I am not screwed!!! :)

Kind Regards,
Jonathan

Jonathan Fung... Reef Geek
Dalhousie University Honours Marine Biology
Aqua Creations Inc. Assistant Manager
writer for Marine Fish Monthly
email: fung@is2.dal.ca