Re:

Jonathan,

If you really push your fry, sexual differences can be seen within 3 months - at
least some of the males will start to show their secondary sexual
characteristics. At this age they should have visible testes or ovaries.

Römer & Beisenherz have shown that temperature AFTER spawning is the primary sex
determinant in most apistos, including A. borellii. (See my post to this list on
11/29 that cites reference).

Mike Wise