Re: tank bred vs. wild (was inbreeding) spawning

Sylvia,

I'm not familiar with Tap Water Purifier either, but if the resins are
rechargeable with a salt solution then it is a sodium ion exchange system. The
best are 2-resin ion exchange systems that are normally not rechargeable by
anyone but the manufacturer. These use hydrochloric acid and some caustic
hydroxide recharging system. It might be a good idea to get a conductivity meter
and see what happens. You might try running your deionized water through peat and
see if this drops the conductivity.

Mike Wise