Re: Bare bottom tanks?

I've found that bare bottom tanks are fine providing the outside is painted
(black).  Initially I used black polythene on the outside of my tanks and it
helped calm the fish down a bit but not as much as with painted tanks.

Another alternative (especially for fry) is to fill - and I mean FILL - the
tanks with Java Moss and with floating Ceratophyllum too.  My fry are
thriving in this tank and it looks like I'm going to raise > 90% of a brood
of Dicrossus filiamentosa.

Alan W