Opals and Red and Black apisto

I was wondering if anyone on the list knows whether or not this fish is hard
to find in the US?  About six months ago, my LFS had a few.  I went back to
purchase them, and they had sold all but one pair (the best looking ones
they had).  They wouldn't sell me the final pair, said they were for display
only!  They haven't been able to get in any more.  I've seen yellow borellii
a few times, but not the opals again.

Is their rarity caused from the 'opal' not being a set color form?  Seems
from some of the posts I've read on the Krib, some folks spawned borellii
and got both yellow and opal fry.

Another question, while I'm posting.  Does anyone know which species goes by
the common name "Red and Black" Apistogramma?  I know common names can be
sketchy, so give it a try if you'd like.  I saw some labeled as such on a
website, unfortunately, no pictures.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Daryl

Archives"!