From: NaturalDTP@aol.com
To: apisto@listbox.com
Sent: 02/23/2001 6:01 AM
Subject: Re: Cacatoos question

Lilia.Stepanova@stjude.org writes:

> For some reason it does not work with cacatoos.
>  Any insight? water is ~8 pH, hardness ~ 50 ppm.

Although I have heard of cacutoides breeding at pH 7.8 and med-hard
water. My
Apisto tanks are all at 5.0-5.8 and almost no hardness which seems to
work
for most Apistos except borelli.

With cacatoides one requirement is sufficient suitable breeding sites
for the
females - very low caves with a wide shallow entrance, perhaps this is
the
trigger they need.

Alan W

Archives"!